Thursday, July 29, 2004

Boot to the head

Well it's been an interesting week so far. My online linguistics course is going well. Lots of postings and a few interesting discussions. Quite a few of the students are teaching in Japan like me. For the first month or so I expect most of the work will entail me sitting at my computer reading and writing answers to various questions. And in the swelling humidity of Japan sitting in front of a computer, close to a fan, is not all that bad.
I went to my Jiu Jitsu class last night and spent the entire time practicing techniques with my friend Olivier. He is from France and he teaches French at the same private high school as I do. We were practicing a submission attack called a knee bar when he accidently hit me in the face with a good kick. I know that sounds pretty funny, how do you accidently kick someone in the face? Well I was lying on the ground and he was attempting to step over me when it happened. What really shocked me is how he managed to miss my nose but hit my cheek. My nose is usually very good at making it's presence felt, perhaps it was a little smarter than the rest of me and decided to get out of the way this time.
Besides having 2 small cuts on my cheek and being a little stunned I was fine. Unfortunately I didn't think of doing the Bruce Lee ceremony, tasting my own blood and then proceeding to kill everyone nearby in a blood-frenzy. Maybe next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home