Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Return of Captain Summer and Humid Boy

This week I finally finished up the last of my projects for my Linguistics course. The last few weeks were a little hairy with two major essays due at the same time. Now I just have to wait a few months for the paperwork to go through and then I can start applying to Universities to work there next year.
The temperature has been steadily climbing here; summer is definitely just around the corner. The good points of summer: World Cup soccer and no teaching. The bad points of summer: the humidy + the humidy + the humidity. The rainy season is not too much fun either but what sucks hardest about it is the humidity. I cleaned out one of air conditioners yesterday so it is ready to roll when it our apartment gets too uncomfortable. For the time being we're just opening our windows and letting the breeze cool us off. The way I see it is if we turn on the air conditioners now, when the humidity isn't really that bad yet, we'll be dependent on them when it gets really hot. The longer we can hold out without them the more we will adapt to the heat and the less we'll need the AC's later. Does that make sense to anyone?
As I said earlier, I finished my Linguistics course this week. After I had sent in my final essay I immediately felt a great weight lifted from my shoulders. I had been really dragging the last few weeks due to lack of sleep, hundreds of pages of reading assignments, and the clock ticking on my essays. I don't think I've drank that much coffee since I was in university. So on top of everything else I was a little hyper-caffeinated and jittery. During the whole ordeal though all my troubles left me, momentarily, when I would arrive home and see Jotaro. There is really nothing better in this whole wide world than seeing your baby look at you and smile :) He is just turning 3 months old and doing great. He is really smiling and laughing a lot. He's awake for about half of each day and his sleeping schedule is slowly falling into line with ours. He generally sleeps through the night but often doesn't fall asleep until late. OK, enough with my nonsense. Just like Playboy magazine, no one looks at my blog for the articles.





A few of Yukiko's former work colleagues from her Mitsubishi days came over to visit one day. Hiroko, who lives close to us, came by with little Miku. Ochan also lives nearby in Ashiya but I had never met her before. Yukiko's friend Tsuji was also supposed to come but couldn't make.

Hiroko & Miku

Ochan & Jotaro

Ochan, Hiroko & Miku.

Ochan and Tsuji gave us this great towel set for Jotaro.









Jotaro loves the Glico Man pose!












Yukiko's friends Hiroko & Emi came with their babies to play with Jotaro. All 3 kids will be in the same grade in school. Here's Miku & Jo & Hiro.


Yukiko & Hiro

Emi & Hiro. Hiro's wearing a Chinese costume.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home