Friday, March 24, 2006

The Life & Times of Jotaro Henwood

Yukiko & Jo are staying at her parents' house in Osaka for the time being. This way Yukiko can concentrate on taking care of Jo and not have to worry about anything else. I'm trying to spend as much time there with them as I can. Luckily I've got no high school for the month so I can see them and help out. I've still got my weekend job and university course work to do so I'm heading home once in a while. Her parents don't have an internet connection so while I can do my readings there I can't do any online postings or tests.
I never realized just how tiring it is to take care of a newborn. It's not changing the diapers that's bad (no smell yet), it's the schedule. It's changing the diapers twice every 3 hours that's tough. You are guaranteed to have to wake up at least twice in the middle of the night for a diaper change and a feeding. And I'm the lucky one, I don't have him chomping on my nipples all the time. It's nice to seem him getting bigger though. His neck is a lot stronger than I expected. He is turning his head and looking around quite often. He still spends most of his time sleeping but it is really cool when you can see that he is actively looking at us and at the world around him. Curious little monkey.

I'm going to try to post a video of Jo now. I hope this works. This was taken at the maternity clinic almost immediately after he was born.





Even in his mini-futon Jo looks small. He looks like some millionaire sleeping in an emperor-size bed.





3 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

He's soooooo adorable! You know, it's rare that babies are cute when they are that little...usually you can't tell quite *what's* going on. But he is an absolute cutie pie! When can I see him in person?

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep coming with the pictures...we are enjoying them. He looks like a cool cat! Yeah, it is tiring Jay, but like I've said before, the best roller coaster ride of them all!

Thinking of you guys.

Neil, Rachel & Jayden.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jason, this blog is so great. We'll be in Japan next week, that is after May 3rd, hoping to meet up with you guys if possibler. Please drop us a line at the usual - peter@hoflich.com - or call us in Himeji 0792-35-7662.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home