Thursday, August 05, 2004

study fatigue syndrome

This taking two courses (Linguistics + intensive Japanese) is harder than I thought. At least the Japanese course is only for 2 weeks. Luckily I've got no high school classes these days so I can do most of my work during the day. Once school starts up again though I'll probably have to do my linguistics work in the evenings. Let's hope I can get ahead now while I've got the time.
Yesterday I finally found the soundtrack to the movie 'Japanese Story' online and downloaded it. It is truly beautiful and eases the pain of studying.
Yukiko and I have been slowly working our way through the 2nd season of 24. It's amazing how popular that show is here. Our local video store has an entire rack dedicated to the show and nearly all the copies are usually out. All of my friends here have seen it, or are in the midst of watching it. Everyone likes talking about it but it's tough to do without revealing spoilers.
I finished watching the entire run of the BBC comedy 'Coupling'. It was very funny despite it's 'Friends-ness'. It is a bit more of a complicated show actually as it is often done in a non-linear fashion a-la Tarantino. Unfortunately a key actor/character left the show in the 4th season and apparently the writers couldn't cope with it. A new, zany character was brought in and show really bottomed out. Hopefully they didn't have time to fix the situation and the next season will return to it's usual level.

1 Comments:

Blogger piyo said...

Japanese course, ganbarou ya!
--Cliff

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home