Friday, September 24, 2004

Busy as a Carpenter Ant trying to shore up an old Elm tree

Wow have I been busy. Even though I've had quite a few extra holidays lately (Respect for the Aged Day, Vernal Equinox Day) I've always had lots to do to fill them. I've had weddings on every weekend and national holiday lately. Once I was lucky enought to perform a wedding at a hotel very close to where I live, which is quite a rare thing for me. It was at the Takarazuka Hotel, only 30 mins from my apartment. I was a little nervous because the ceremony was completely different from the one I do in Tokushima. Everything went smoothly but it turned out to be a garden wedding so everyone was sweating in the heat and getting bitten by mosquitos.
The linguistics course is chugging along nicely but I've yet to really start any of my essays. I did another test a few days ago it was the first one I didn't get a perfect score on. D'oh, 48/50, 1 question wrong. Well the class average was only 88% so I guess I should be happy. I met up with a bunch of other guys in the same program in Umeda and we had a few beers. It was fun. We're all about the same age, have been in Japan for about the same amount of time, and we're all looking to teach at the University level.
Yukiko and I are trying to really watch what we eat these days. We watched the movie 'Super Size Me' and it was a real eye openner to see how quickly junk food can make you sick. We've also been going to our local health club Tipness a few times every week. I started doing an aerobics program called 'Power Rush' that is really though. It's aerobics done with a barbell. That 30lbs seems very light at first, but after a few hundred curls, squats, presses, etc... it really burnsssssssssss.
Yukiko got a new haircut which she claims was inspired by our friend Sara who recently moved to San Francisco. I totally see her as Uma Thurman from 'Pulp Fiction' though. I'll post pics next time and you can decide.
This weekend I've got Saturday off and Yukiko's sister's family is going to visit us. So I'll have more pictures of them and their little cutie Yuka soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home