Wednesday, June 16, 2004

2 1/2 weeks and counting

until Summer Vacation. Then it's 2 months of paid vacation. Ahhh, almost there.
Had a good day on Monday. I finished early at school so I had time to watch a movie, Carandiru, when I got home. Then I met up with Yukiko in Tsukaguchi after she finished work. We were planning to go the Italian restaurant 'Capricciosa' but found another restaurant that we also like called 'Ryu Ryu'. The specialty there is butter rice. I had a garlic butter rice and it was delicious. Afterwards we worked out at Tipness. Tipness has large baths in their changing rooms to relax in (if you can relax in a bath full of naked Japanese men) and massage chairs that nearly put me to sleep. So I always feel very refreshed & relaxed after a workout.
Tuesday is my day off so my friend Dan & I headed to Sannomiya to try and watch the movie Troy. We had been trying to see it for the previous 2 weeks but it was always sold out. Tueday is ladies day in Japan (only 1000 yen compared to the usual 1800 yen), and considering that Brad Pitt's butt gets a lot of screentime it's no wonder that the movie has been sold out. We arrived 2 hours early and picked up pretty good seats. So with 2 hours to kill we went looking for somewhere to eat. Our usual modus-operandi would be to go to Subway, but this day we were looking for something different, something bolder, something that was still reasonably priced. We found an Indian restaurant with a tabehodai (all you can eat) lunch. It was pretty good and I could feel a big lump of nan bread and curry in my belly for the rest of the day. It was like touching motherhood.
Anyways... after watching Troy I headed home. Yukiko was in a bad mood because she doesn't really like her job. The day before she had been talking about taking a course to become a translator. However she'll need to increase her TESOL score before she can enter a program so she has decided to study English grammer for the next little while. Good luck Yukiko, you can do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home