Friday, August 13, 2004

things are afoot

On Tuesday I met up with my friend Norman from Tokushima and went to the nearby Costco. It was my first time there but I'll definitely be back. In fact, Yukiko & I are going this evening to pick up some party supplies.
In case anyone doesn't know how to get to the Amagasaki Costco here are the directions. From Hankyu Sonoda station take the #24 bus to the 5th stop, 小園. It's right in front of the Carefour super store and Starbucks.
Yesterday was the last day of my Japanese intensive course and it was very worthwhile. We mainly reviewed things I had studied before but they were things that I often made mistakes with. Before that I met up with my friend Dan who has just returned from a trip to India. Any ideas that he had turned into a vegetarian ascetic were quickly dashed as he stepped up to order food at the Sannomiya Subway outlet. Afterwards we finally, after many weeks of delays, got a chance to see Spiderman 2.
On the way home from Japanese class my train stopped at Rokko station. It was an express train so it wasn't supposed to stop there. The train sat there for about 20 minutes before they told everyone there was a problem with another train further up the track so we should get off the train. I figured they'd have it all settled after a short while so I went to the nearby vegan restaurant for dinner.
When I returned to the station, however, the trains were still not running so I had to walk to the JR station and take a slightly longer route home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home