Thursday, November 04, 2004

Bushwhacked

Well what can you say. As much as people denied it, it seems that the majority of American voters like Bush.
I was in Tokushima when I heard he had taken the lead. There was a strange moment though as I sat at my favourite sandwich shop there watching CNN when they announced that Ohio had become a 'green state'. I thought the unimagineable had happened, the Green Party had won Ohio! However I quickly found out that green was a colour code used by CNN to mean that it was too close to call between the big 2.
Yukiko was pretty disappointed by the result too. The Japanese aren't big fans of his. The majority of Japanese are against the Iraq war.
Now for some good news. I'm just about finished the first semester of my linguistics course. I've just got to finish up my last essay now, and luckily I've got no school today. Yesterday I ran into one of the English teachers from my school on the train and he told me that there were also no classes on Friday as there is a sports festival that day, so in fact I have Thursday and Friday off. Excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home