Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Doggysitter for hire

And a darn good one at that.
Yukiko's parents are in the middle of a 10 day trip to Canada right now. They'll be travelling across the country by train, a beautiful but looooooooooong ride (especially winding up and down the Rockies.) And with kennels being virtually non-existent in Japan they needed recruits to look after their dog Taka. Taka is a big, beautiful Akita. However she's really getting on in years. Her hearing is very poor and she sometimes stumbles and falls. She still likes to be taken for short walks and always appreciates a nice belly scratch with her brush. But who wouldn't?
On Monday Yukiko and I spent the night there. We had a delicious and filling dinner at a famous nearby okonomiya shop. Then we took Taka for a walk to the local video store and rented 'Cold Mountain' to watch later. We were hoping to see Kill Bill vol.2 but it's not out in Japan yet.
Tuesday is my day off, so while Yukiko went to work I stayed behind to study and look after Taka. Then I met Yukiko in Umeda to give her the housekeys; then it was off to Sannomiya in Kobe for my Japanese class. Yukiko is coming home this evening and her sister Keiko is taking over the doggysitting reigns for the day. Then their brother Toshikatsu will watch over Taka until the Tsuda's return.
I've got my Jiu-jitsu class tonight but I'll probably be a little rusty as I didn't go last week because of the typhoon. I'm only going once a week right now to this class. I wish I could go more but it's difficult to juggle all my current activites as it is. I also don't want to be away from Yukiko too much. I'm gone every weekend so I don't want to leave her alone during the week too. Although this weekend we're going to Tokushima together.
It's a 3 day weekend (Monday is Sports Day, in honour of the Tokyo Olympics) so I've reserved a slightly bigger/more expensive than usual hotel for us. This one has big common baths for the guests to use. While I like these baths Yukiko loves them; she can soak in them for hours, I'm pretty well done after about 10 minutes though. This hotel is a little further away from the main area than the hotel I usually stay at but we can borrow bicycles for free so it might be even more convenient. I just hope it doesn't rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home