Monday, October 24, 2005

It's a ...

We still don't know :(
I was finally allowed into the examination room with Yukiko last week. I got to see the ultrasound as the doctor moved the device around Yukiko's stomach, and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Boy was that exciting. The doctor was still unable to determine whether it's a boy or a girl but we could see that the baby is perfectly healthy. Well, the doctor could see that. Apart from the head I couldn't make much sense of what I was seeing. It was really thrilling though.
The funny thing is that I had looked up all sorts of Japanese medical terminology in case the doctor had some important information for us. As it turns out, he practiced in New York for a few years and speaks very good English. He was very nice and spent quite a bit of time with us. So it was a very good experience and I'm really looking forward to next month's appointment when we may finally learn the big secret!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home